Mathieu Coquillon. Retrieved from Investec Ahead of the Curve, 7 October 2020.
Cape Town, South Africa
|Occupation||Co-Founder and Director of Mama Money|
|Known for||Co-founding Mama Money|
Editor: Charissa Cassels
Coquillon is experienced in business management and has worked in the direct marketing and recruitment industry. He is the director of Mama Money,has occupied this position since March 2013  and he is a social business entrepreneur.  Coquillon is South African.
Coquillon lives in Cape Town and was born in Cape Town. After completing his schooling career in South Africa, he moved to the United Kingdom to work there. He joined a direct sales organisation and sold utilities across England and Scotland. He was later transferred back to South Africa where he assisted in setting up a recruitment arm for the company which was aimed at recruiting candidates to work in the United Kingdom.
He then joined a startup in an online voucher company and spent four years working in various departments. By the time he left the company to co-found Mama Money, he was the Managing Director.
Awards and Recognition
He was nominated in the Founder of the Year category by the South African National Awards in 2018.
Coquillon was a speaker at Investec’s Tech4Good event.
He was hosted by Startup Grind to speak at an event, Building a Pan-African Fintech social enterprise, on 4 December, 2019 in Cape Town, South Africa, about International Money transfers and how Mama Money operates.
- Let mama handle your money - brainstorm. Retrieved 02 September, 2020.
- Mama’s Story - Mama Money. Retrieved 03 September, 2020.
- Mama Money - PitchBook. Retrieved 07 September, 2020.
- Mathieu Coquillon - LinkedIn. Retrieved 18 September, 2020.
- Five minutes with Mathieu Coquillon of Mama Money - Investec. Retrieved 07 September, 2020.
- Building Solutions for Migrants One Remittance at a Time - emerge85. Retrieved 16 September, 2020.
- Mathieu Coquillon - Facebook. Retrieved 18 September, 2020.
- Mama Money’s Mathieu Coquillon - The African Professional Issue 30. Retrieved 18 September, 2020.
- SASA Founder Of The Year Award goes to Pineapple’s Ndabenhle Junior Ngulube - The South African. Retrieved 18 September, 2020.
- Five minutes with Mathieu Coquillon of Mama Money - Investec. Retrieved 17 September, 2020.
- International Money Transfers with Mama Money - meetup. Retrieved 18 September, 2020.