|Born||October 2, 1984|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, CEO of Farmcrowdy|
|Known for||being the founder of Farmcrowdy|
Editor: Temoso Sebetha
Onyeka was born on 2 October 1984, in the Lagos State of Nigeria. His parents then relocated to Sokoto State, North-west of Nigeria where he attended primary and secondary school. The relocation happened just before he turned two years old. He later obtained his Bachelor's degree in Applied Information with a distinction at the Sikkim Manipal University, India in 2006.
Onyeka acquired his first work experience in 2014 as a Mentor for Start-ups & Entrepreneurship at the Rise Network. In 2015, he mentored at the Tony Elumelu Foundation and at the Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria. He later joined Deloitte as the E-Marketing Coordinator for east, west, and central Africa.
In 2010, he was positioned as the Online Marketing Manager of Wakanow. He has worked for e-commerce companies such as Konga as a Vice President of Marketing, Travelbeta as a Chief Commercial Officer, Jumia as a Director of Marketing and Partnership, and GTbank.
Apart from launching Farmcrowdy, Nigeria's First Digital Agriculture platform, Onyeka sits on the Board of Leading tech start-ups in New York and Lagos as an investor and advisor, including CoSign and Wara Cake.
In 2017, Onyeka was appointed to the E-Agric Stakeholders Forum by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Nigeria and was recently made one of the youngest members of the Honorary Council of the Abuja Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
Onyeka was named one of Africa’s 30 Innovators 2018 in a Quartz list. He was also presented with an award for being one of the 100 (under 40) Most Influential Young Persons in West Africa. The award was in recognition of his outstanding achievements, entrepreneurial demonstrations and impact as a young Africa.
Awards and Recognition
In 2015, Onyeka won the Nigerian Technology Award for Digital Marketing Personality of the year 2015.
In 2016/2017, Onyeka was awarded the title of Digital Marketer of the year in the Nigerian Technology Awards.
In 2017, Onyeka won the Nigerian Technology Awards for start-up CEO of the year 2017.
In 2018, Onyeka has been presented an award for being one of 100 Most Influential Young Persons in West African under the age of 40 for 2018. In 2018, Onyeka has presented an award for Quartz List of Africa's 30 Innovators.
In 2018, Onyeka has been recognised and awarded as one of the Top 5 outstanding entrepreneurs in Nigeria by the Young Entrepreneurs Award & Summit 2018.
In 2019, The Africa Report listed Onyeka as one of the 100 most outstanding individuals in Africa.
In 2019, Onyeka won the JCI Ten Outstanding Young Persons of Nigeria for Scientific and/or Technological Development.
In 2019, the Global Leadership Institute awarded Onyeka with the Leadership Award in Agriculture.
- - Onyeka. Retrieved 14 March, 2020.
- - Wikipedia. Retrieved 14 March, 2020.
- - SMW Lagos. Retrieved 14 March, 2020.
- - Pulse. Retrieved 14 March, 2020.
- - AWP Network. Retrieved 26 March, 2020.
- - EverybodyWiki Bios and Wiki. Retrieved 14 March, 2020.
- - African Business Radio. Retrieved 27 March, 2020.
- - Quartz Africa Innovators. Retrieved 27 March, 2020.
- - MTFC. Retrieved 26 March, 2020.
- - Nairametrics. Retrieved 14 March, 2020.
- - Facebook. Retrieved 26 March, 2020.
- - The Guardian. Retrieved 15 March, 2020.
- - The Flip. Retrieved 26 March, 2020.
- - BrandAfriq. Retrieved 26 March, 2020.
- - GreenTech. Retrieved 15 March, 2020.
- - JCI Nigeria. Retrieved 26 March, 2020.
- - Picuki. Retrieved 26 March, 2020.